May 1, 2011 § Leave a comment
I’m always on the hunt for a good sale. Why pay full price for anything if you can find a coupon or website that will save you money? Really? It’s like throwing money out the window.
I was out looking and found a few places that are having some good sales right now. Here’s a peek…
- Payless Shoe Source is having a Buy 1, Get 1 for 50% off sale. www.payless.com
- American Eagle Outfitters has an additional 30% off all clearance merchandise. www.ae.com
- Ann Taylor Loft has an additional 30% off sale items. www.anntaylorloft.com
- Banana Republic has 30% off entire order until today – 5/1. Use code: BRKING30. www.bananarepublic.com
- Old Navy has Buy 1, Get 1 50% off through today – 5/1. www.oldnavy.com
- Arden B has Buy 1, Get 1 for $1 on clearance items. That’s right…ONLY $1! Now that is a serious deal. www.ardenb.com
So…If I had only $50 to spend, these are the 3 items I would get today:
www.payless.com – Sweetpea Canvas Wedge – original price: $24.99. Sale price: $19.99 + 20% off coupon (received at Safeway register) = $15.99. You can also use coupon code: 46412 for 20% off. Coupon also works in conjuction with the BOGO sale too.
www.ae.com – Lace mini maxi dress – Original price: $49.95. Sale Price: 39.95 + additional 30% off = $27.97
www.forever21.com – Pressed Leaves Bracelet – Price $5.80
Grand Total: $49.76
Hope you can find something great for just $50. Great items are out there lurking. You just need to find them. Happy Shopping!
April 4, 2011 § 2 Comments
If you haven’t figured it out by now, I’m all about getting a great look for a great price. So I’ve put together a short list of some of my favorite spring/summer dresses for 2011. I like each of them for different reasons, but love them all for being under $60. One thing they all have in common…they can transition from day to night with a few quick changes. Below is a day look and night look for each dress. I hope this gets your creative juices flowing and helps you in creating some day/night looks that work for you.
March 30, 2011 § 1 Comment
For some of us, every penny matters. So when I see a sale on a good family food like ground meat, I buy it in bulk (and you should too). This meat can be ground turkey, chicken, pork or beef. If it is on sale, then buy it up.
Once through the checkout, I head home, set it on the counter and begin to ponder about what to do with all this ground meat. Then I look at the expiration/best by date, it says today. Oh great…now I really have to do something with it and fast. No wonder it was “on-sale”!
I’ve come up with some tips on what to do with all that meat and here’s my answer:
First and foremost, divide the meat into 4 equal parts. This gives you a pound per division.
- Put first pound into a quart size freezer bag and freeze. This will come in handy for a future unknown dinner (TBD). Note: Mark everything you freeze with date, so you know when you put it into the freezer. Try to use frozen meat within a month or so of freezing. If you wait too long, the meat will get freezer burn and not taste very good.
- Divide the meat into (4) four 4oz balls. Flatten them out into patties. Place them on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Put the sheet into the freezer until the patties are frozen. Once frozen, remove patties from sheet and put all of them into a freezer bag together. Freezing them this way first, ensures they won’t be stuck together when you go to use them later. The great thing about these patties: they can go straight from the freezer to the grill. No defrosting required.
- Cook 1 pound of ground meat in pan. Once cooked, remove from pan and drain on paper towels. Let cool. Once cooled, place into quart size freezer bag, date it and freeze it. This pre-cooked meat can be used in many ways. It is a great addition to a jar of pasta sauce or use as a pizza topping. I like to make quick cook tacos with it. Place some of the meat into a pan with a bit of taco seasoning and water. Simmer for 5 minutes and it’s done.
- With the final pound of meat, make dinner for that evening. Options could include but definitely aren’t limited to the following: meatloaf, chili, sloppy joes, shepherds pie or meatballs. I made the best Salisbury steak the other night with ground turkey. I will share the recipe with you tomorrow. Sorry for the wait! It will be worth it. In the mean time, doesn’t it look good? It really is!!!
March 23, 2011 § 1 Comment
Now that you’ve discovered some new outfits in your own closet (see post – What’s old is new again), I thought posting some of my top accessory picks for spring 2011 would be another inspiration for you to either look at what you currently have to wear or to buy something new. The best thing about my picks? They are all UNDER $40. It is true! You really can add cute, fun, trendy new items to your wardrobe without breaking the bank.
1. A hat is an essential in any wardrobe. If you don’t own one, you should get one. This one from Nordstrom comes in a variety of colors. You’ll be able to wear it clear through summer. (Collection XII crochet floppy straw hat, $28 – www.nordstrom.com)
2. Bangles are big. These bangles from Alex and Ani are truly my favorite. I own them and love them all piled up on my arm. The more the better. Remember that old fashion rule about not mixing your metals? That no longer applies. Mix away. It even looks better that way. (Alex and Ani expandable wire bracelets, Set of 3, $38 – www.zeeberry.com)
3. I’ve had my eye on these platform wedges for a while. They can go with almost everything and they have a price that is right up my alley. (Cognac Filigree Wicker Platform Wedges $34 – www.lulus.com)
4. Layering necklaces is the craze. If you don’t know how to layer different necklaces then this necklace is for you. It is already layered for you. Throw on with it a pendant necklace from your jewelry box and you’re all set to go. (Fancy drape necklace, $6.80 – www.forever21.com)
5. Spring is the time to look for some new sunglasses and these don’t disappoint. These tortoise-shell frames have a slight cat eye shape, which is hot this season. They have a trendy, yet classic, appeal. (Tortoise-shell small cat eye glasses, $32 – www.topshop.com)
6. Get your floral on this season with a scarf. A scarf is a great accessory, even during warmer months. This one is a must on those cool evenings. (Foulard scarf, $35.92 – www.jcpenney.com)
7. Nothing says spring quite like turquoise. These are a nice size earring which will garner attention and many compliments. (Sky drop earrings, $32 – www.anthropologie.com)
8. Loving the envelope clutch. The envelope clutch is the latest style in clutch bags. I love this one from ebags because of the look and the price. I would also consider one in a great color like coral or blue. (B. Collective Laurello envelope clutch, $33.60 – www.ebags.com)